LG Inform and LG Inform Plus training
We are planning our next series of LG Inform and LG Inform Plus training events and are looking for local authorities in each of the following regions, North East, South West, East of England, East Midlands, West Midlands, Yorkshire & Humber to host these events.
These free one day training event for local authority and FRS staff will take place between September to March 2018. They are face to face, hands on days which cover both sites, taking you through all the tools that are available.
For any authority that is able and would like to hold one of these events, we can offer 10 free places filling the remaining 15 to surrounding councils. If you are interested in hosting one of these events at your council and would like further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
These are some of the topics we will cover on the day
• Public Facing Site
• Search and pre built reports
• Personalisation – as a registered user what can personalise on the site, including setting up sharing, comparison and display groups and personalising the home page
• Report Builder – how to build your own reports using the data in the system, then share them with colleagues, print, export or embed them
• Benchmarking club – what data we collect and how you can join the club
• Data and Pre-built reports
• Report builder –create your own charts, tables and map using any of the 1,600 regularly updated metrics, giving you an easy way to present key information to decision makers.
• Advanced options in the report builder including text token editor and using the Natural Neighbourhood tool how to create your own flexible geographies relevant to your work
• Powers and Duties - this tool give subscribers information on what current legislation gives English and Welsh councils the power to do and what it requires them to do in law.
• Records Retention - this guidance is information that guides English councils on the types of records that could be kept for each service to ensure compliance with Section 12 of the Lord Chancellor's Code of Practice on the management of records and to meet likely business needs
• API and Data Tool – using our direct data feed to access over 5,000 data items for your performance reporting arrangements, or simply export them for analysis or your own reports
• Standards – these allow councils to take a 360 degree view of local government from services to functions to changes in circumstances to reshaping service provision